Phase 3 runs from August 2021 until July 2022. During this Phase, the prototypes developed during the PCP Phase 2 will be validated in operational environment to check their compliance with the requirements defined in the Tender Documentation.
Phase 3 – Operational Validation – Successful Contractors
After successfully completing the SHUTTLE PCP Phase 2, the TRACES consortium has delivered a laboratory prototype toolkit as a complete, turnkey package solution; the Spectral Multimodal Microscope for the Automated Recognition of Traces (SMMART) forensics toolkit consisted of: i) a novel thin recyclable lifting tape/backing system with special optical properties (highly transparent in the UV-Vis region, non-fluorescing, non-polarizing), ii) an automated multimodal microscope with unique capabilities such as hyperspectral imaging in both transmission and reflection mode, snapshot multispectral imaging in all imaging modes, fluorescence imaging with multiple light sources, real-time spectral polarization imaging and birefringence mapping, iii) data viewer and analysis tools utilizing sophisticated classification algorithms for data processing and automated trace identification and iv) a novel database system which is realized utilizing open-source tools. In Phase 3 the TRACES consortium is aiming to accomplish the primary target of SHUTTLE project and deliver a TRL8 level innovative solution of a scientific high-throughput and unified toolkit for trace analysis by forensics laboratories in Europe offering to the forensics lab experts a fast, easy-to-use, subjective-free microscopic trace analysis process.
|SPECTRICON S.M. PC
|Zanasi & Partners
SHUTTLE TOOLKIT JENA
During this phase, the SHUTTLE Toolkit Jena consortium builds up 3 prototypes of its toolkit and delivers them to the end users’ labs for subsequent field testing.
The toolkit prototype consists of:
- an automated microscope that realises the image-based approach of the consortium: in all required modes M, F, S and P whole images are taken, so that the analysed tape with all traces on it is fully digitalised;
- a tape system compliant with the FSPECS as well as a detailed workflow of handling with the toolkit;
- an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) database which stores the data, controls the data transfer to processing, and contains itself processing algorithms (“services”);
- a GUI which allows the user to configure and control the measurements as well as the data processing steps, and to view and to administrate the results and
- an AI for trace classification which has been trained to use the information of all image modes.CAMLIN Photonics are highly experienced in hyperspectral imaging and work closely with Forensic Science Northern Ireland (FSNI) on several projects.
|aura optik gmbh